Friday, July 27, 2007

Merlin & his Feeds: Week 4 / Thing 9

When I explored Merlin I found a lot of interesting links on online training, library blogs, and avatars. I'm definitely going to come back to start using the online training. It's good to know this site exists and is regularly updated.

In addition, I actually created 2 new pictures of myself--one on meez.com and another at yahoo.com. I'm hoping to post them to this blog soon.

http://www.meez.com/allnewtechie
(Note: It seems like the yahoo.com avatar can only be viewed within yahoo.com)

Regarding the feed websites--going backwards--I had the most success with technorati.com because came up with good results for my searches, in particular on politics. I also liked how it had a large paragraph list of topics on the right side for me to click. I found a great video demonstration of how the iPhone works here and learned there were 106 results for iPhone videos.

I think syndic8.com is the worst--none of my search topics even came up with results. I liked how topix.com makes you look via your town and then saves your town for next time you open their website. I found a good article in the Washington Post about DC libraries using topix.com. I know where to go if I want gossip on any place I visit.

Feedster.com was okay--it gave basic results for the topics I searched for.

No comments: